Spring 2020 – Raising Your Challenging Child – Parent Child Journey
March 9, 2020 at 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm$150 – $350
Dr. Dan Shapiro’s Parent Child Journey – An Individualized Approach for Raising Your Challenging Child is a 10-session program for parents of children (ages preschool through early adolescence) with difficult behaviors. It is designed to help parents identify the sources of their children’s challenges and learn what they can do about them. During each session, we will discuss proactive strategies for raising children with difficult temperaments and developmental differences. The emphasis is on customizing the strategy to fit each child’s unique profile while taking parents’ profiles into account as well. Different children, different parents, different approaches.
This section will be led by Dr. Sarah Wayland, Ph.D. and starts Monday, March 9th, 2020.
- Know Your Child/Know Yourself
- Time-In and Self-Care
- Engagement and Understanding
- Motivation through Positive Attention
- Self-Motivation & Learning from Experience
- Motivation through Rewards
- Ignoring and Timeout
- Pausing for Empathy and Self-Reflection
- Weaknesses, Strengths, and Independence
- March 9, 16, 23, 30
- April 20, 27 (no class 6th, 13th)
- May 4, 11, 18, 25
Cost: $150 – $350. If you pay what you can it helps us keep our program accessible to all.
You can help spread the word by downloading a copy of my flyer and posting it.