- This event has passed.
Relationships Make the Difference – Brisbane, Australia
August 19 at 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$200
More than a Behaviour Support Plan – Learn How Relationships Make the Difference in Autism
Connect and Relate for Autism, Inc. are excited to announce an Australia first event:
Dr. Sarah Wayland, Ph.D.
Guiding Exceptional Parents
Dr. Sarah Wayland will be presenting two exclusive workshops in Melbourne and Brisbane that aim to assist professionals and parents to learn how to create a strong behaviour support plan that centres around relationships and connections.
- Do you want to create an exceptional behaviour support plan?
- Do you want to increase your knowledge and skills to truly understand autism?
- Do you want to deliver support to an individual with autism that can successfully improve their quality of life?
- Do you want to learn how relationships make the difference to support?
Then this workshop is for you!
- Learn about the core challenges of autism, and how they are misinterpreted by people who do not have autism.
- Learn effective strategies for helping someone with autism when they are dysregulated.
- Learn the importance of teaching the missing skills in a developmentally sequenced progression.
- Learn strategies for connecting with and guiding people who have autism that you can use, and that you can teach to caregivers.
- Learn to understand the unique profile of the individual that you support and how to connect with them.
For professionals that need to refresh their behaviour support skills in preparation for certification with the NDIS quality and safeguards commission – there will be a breakout session to review the new BSP template and answer any NDIS related questions.
Tickets on sale for BRISBANE